Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tears on Via Dolorosa

What an extraordinary day! 

All ran in routine until the first station on the Via Dolorosa when I had what I can only describe, very very unusual for me, as a fit of tears. 

Hope it is the so-called 'gift of tears' and may return but not when I'm conducting services! 

Recovered by station 8 re women of Jerusalem weeping for their sins, which is my case - lack of devotion. 

With my fellow True Life in God pilgrims I visited the Church of Peter's grief (or later title - of the cock crow) with its beautiful tearful icon which captured me all over. 

The Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem gave a reception for the 750 of us tonight. Much prayer today re Syria at this morning's Armenian Liturgy. 

God is good, 'rich in mercy' and 'out of the great love with which he loved us even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ' Ephesians 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment