Thursday, August 29, 2013

Awesome prayer for the world's agony

Day 4 of our True Life in God pilgrimage started with my asking prayer for the runs (!) answered by a suggestion I buy some Imodium. That kept me going, thank the Lord, through an epic day with at least 2 hours queuing to enter the Holy Sepulchre Church and Calvary site.

Lots of spiritual encouragement, some more tears, especially as I kissed the Sepulchre stone, along with some powerful faith stories and a great plenary keynote on Christian Unity from Vassula Ryden tonight.

To offer the eucharist for peace with 120 priests and 700 lay folk in the Church of the Agony, round the alleged Gethsemane rock, must be one of the most awesome prayers I've ever made. As we walked down to Kedron Valley we passed more teenage Israeli soldier reservists, evidence of the need for prayer as well as just, considered action.

Off to pack for Nazareth where we spend the last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment